This recipe is from Pampered Chef. I just love how easy it is but yet so, so good.
1 package (18 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped (I NEVER use the peanuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350degrees. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of large round pan (or stone if you have the pampered chef stone) Roll dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone. Continue to cool completely.
2. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.
3. Peel, core and slice apples. Arrange the apples evenly over cream cheese.
4. Microwave ice cream topping for 30-45 seconds or until warm. Drizzle evenly over apples. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Tips from me:
1. I always make mine in a rectangle either on my rectangle stone or disposable pan.
2. If you do use Pampered Chef stone, under bake the sugar cookie because it will continue to cook until cooled.
3. I put all my cut apples in a baggie with lemon juice before placing them on the pizza. This will keep the apples from turning brown.
4. You can make this a few hours ahead of your event or when you are going to serve and keep it in the refrigerator. Right before serving, I add the caramel. I wouldn't make this too far in advance for I fear it would get too soggy. I have made the cookie part the night before and then added everything else a few hours before serving.