Thursday, April 7, 2011

Goulash

My mom always made Goulash when I was a kid. I still love it today.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
(1) 12-14oz. can stewed tomatoes
or (2) 8oz. cans of tomato sauce
(1) 15oz can of tomato sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder (more or less depending on your taste)
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 Bay Leaf

Cook macaroni a little undercooked so it doesn't become mushy later on. Brown ground beef with onion. Drain if greasy. Combine with pasta and remaining ingredients.  Simmer 20-30 minutes covered.

***Note. My mom gave me this recipe and she rarely follows a recipe so depending on your taste, you may need to add more or use less garlic powder, onions, Italian seasoning, etc.

This recipe is great left over and sometimes it even tastes better the second day!

No comments:

Post a Comment