Monday, July 20, 2009

Chinese Lettuce Salad

I got this recipe from my friend, Heidi. It is my favorite salad recipe! I make it all of the time and get requests for the recipe whenever I serve it. Enjoy!

5 slices bacon, cooked & chopped
1 head lettuce or Romaine, chopped OR 1 bag of bagged lettuce (I prefer the Spring Mix)
4 green onions, chopped
1 - 3 oz. can chow mein noodles
4 T. sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup water chestnuts

Dressing:
1/2 cup oil (vegetable or olive)
2 T. vinegar
4 T. sugar OR Splenda
1-1/2 t. salt (I have found this to be too much salt, so use up to 1-1/2 t., according to taste)
1/2 t. pepper

If using one bag of lettuce mix, I cut back on the amount of dressing and start with 1/3 cup of oil instead of 1/2 cup. Adjust other ingredients accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. Love your recipes......so glad that I stopped by....My blog reading has been so little the last few weeks...but have a few free days to catch up.

    ReplyDelete