One of our favorites--I love that it freezes well.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- Rub garlic powder over chicken; cut into 1-in. strips. Stuff chicken into manicotti shells. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Place eight stuffed manicotti shells in each dish. Sprinkle with sausage and mushrooms. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Drizzle water around the edge of each dish. Cover and bake one casserole at 375° for 65-70 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pasta is tender. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Original recipe found here.