I usually use chicken--it's nice when you want a hot meal but don't want to use the oven.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, celery and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in milk. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 minutes or until milk is steaming (do not boil). Stir in rice. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey, soup, stuffing cubes, chilies and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 586 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Original Recipe found here.